Take your exam safely from home
What is an online (Proctor) exam?
An online (Proctor) exam makes it possible to take the exam at a date, time and location that you choose. An invigilator then supervises your exam just like a paper exam, but then via a webcam.
How does the online (Proctor) exam work?
You will receive a voucher by email from APMG or from Peoplecert. With this voucher you can register for your exam via a link and the code in the e-mail. Then you schedule your exam on a date and time convenient to you with timeslots in a 24/7 schedule.
During the booked timeslot you take the exam online with the supervision of an invigilator via a webcam. At the beginning of the session, the invigilator introduces himself/herself and will ask you to identify yourself. He/she will ask you a 360 view of the room you are in to check it is in line with the exam guidelines. Then the image of the invigilator freezes and disappears into the background. During the exam you can go back and forth between the questions and you can make any changes up to the point when you close the exam or when the time is up.
What conditions do you have to meet to take an exam on a Proctor basis?
The following conditions apply to the Proctor exam:
- You must have a stable internet connection (for example a hot spot on your mobile phone), a good webcam and a microphone.
- You must be undisturbed and alone during the exam. No relevant teaching materials may be shown in this room, unless they are explicitly permitted for the type of exam you are going to take.
- You should be able to download a temporary plugin.
- You preferably take the exam within two weeks after the last day of class. The voucher is valid for a year.
General points of attention
- As with paper exams, you must meet the prerequisites. So for a Practitioner exam you must have a (valid version of the) Foundation certificate or permitted alternative.
- The exam institute offers an online test to check whether your laptop meets the capacity requirements, among other things. We recommend that you test this well in advance of planning your exam;
- We notice that taking the exam on a laptop from your employer can cause problems as a result of security settings. Not all issues can be detected in advance by the current tests provided by the exam institute. That’s why we recommend taking the exam on a private laptop. Next to this, you need local admin rights to download some software. If you do not have a private laptop, please check with your IT department for advice.
- We recommend choosing the date and time carefully. Cancelling or changing this for less than 24 hours may incur additional costs.
- Keep an eye on the expiry date. A voucher can only be extended if it is still valid. And an extension comes at a cost. Vouchers are valid for year.
Additional information for Peoplecert proctor exams
Through these links you can consult all details regarding Proctor exam for Peoplecert products:
If you have any questions, please contact us or contact Peoplecert via chat 24 x 7: https://www.peoplecert.org/help-and-support.
Additional information for APMG proctor exams
You can try the sample exam in practice mode of APMG Benelux. This shows you how the exam is presented and what it is like to take the exam online via this link: https://candidateportal.apmg-international.com. Then select ‘APMG sample exam’ in the right margin, select the sample exam of your choice and follow the further instructions.
Specifics for an online Proctor exam via APMG: paper notes are not allowed. A whiteboard can be used to take notes to be wiped clean at the end of the session. Before you book your exam, perform this test to verify that you can use the online exam system.