IPMA D is ideal when you are starting out as a project manager, project leader or project support officer and are looking for a solid basis to better understand your daily work in projects. Are you looking for a great stepping stone to start of your new career in projects or to enhance your skills in supporting projects? In that case the IPMA D course and certification are an excellent choice.
Why take your IPMA D course with us?
- We guarantee our training materials are always up-to-date.
- Our courses are reviewed by delegates with an average of 8.9 on Springest.nl.
- Our trainers are A-graded and combine practical experience with excellent teaching skills.
- We offer you an excellent exam preparation both in the class room and online with an e-learning module. This has contributed to our high pass rates.
You are, will be or have been:
- (junior) project manager, project leader or project team leader;
- project controller, project advisor or quality advisor;
- project support of project assurance officer involved in management of projects;
- line manager leading project managers.
There are no prerequisites to attend this training. However, it is an advantage if you already have some experience in projects. If you are interested in this course, but do not recognize yourself in the target audience or do not yet meet the prerequisites, please contact us to learn how we can attend to your specific needs.
Learning objectives IPMA D course
After this course:
- will have a solid, broad theoretical knowledge of basic project management;
- will be able to put to practice what you have learned successfully as a project leader or project manager for non-complex projects or as project support officer supporting project managers in complex projects;
- learned from experiences from other candidates;
- will have prepared successfully for the IPMA D exam.
Course duration, locations and dates
The English IPMA D training is a 4 day training course. Course days are from 9 – 17. Online courses are conducted in shorter sessions to stay focussed and energetic throughout the course.
Our classroom courses are often planned two weeks apart to allow you to practice and study. For online courses this is one session a week. Around two weeks before the start of the course we will forward you login details for the e-learning so you can start preparing for the course.
Topics IPMA D training
In total the IPMA D certification contains 28 competencies: 13 ‘practice’, 10 ‘people’ en 5 ‘perspective’ competencies. In the past these were referred to as technical, behavioural and contextual competencies. Find more details under the heading of ‘detailled overview of topics’.
Required study hours and study method
Apart from the class hours, a total of approximately 64 hours of self-study are required for daily course preparation and exam preparation. You are facilitated by our detailed course materials and e-learning solution.
The training course consists of presentations of the theory, interactive discussions and delegate exercises, as well as topics that are introduced by the attendees during the training course. These practical exercises will help you use the insights and tools successfully. Theory is translated into practice using practical and recognizable cases and assignments.
The training is active and variety in types of exercises such as interactively discussing theory, working on cases together in small groups, testing your knowledge in a pop quiz and role playing for realistic practicing.
Courseware IPMA D
The course materials consist of an online environment, a course book and a course binder. You will receive:
- access to the e-learning module containing around 400 sample exam multiple choice questions;
- the course book ‘Preparation for the exam IPMA D’;
- a course binder with the presentation materials, a case, excercises, model answers, the official sample exam in English and the exam guidelines from the IPMA exam institute.
Follow-up training IPMA D
After having completed this training course you can further enhance your knowledge and comprehension of project management by enrolling for the IPMA C course and certification. For this level you will need to demonstrate sufficient practical experience. If you already meet the experience prerequisites you do not have to pass the IPMA D exam to enter the IPMA C certification.
We can also offer training in the fields of change management (also referred to as: management of change), MSP program management and MoP portfolio management.
Please contact us for more information about these and other training options, or for personal advice.
Practice – Professional competence elements
- V1.1 Project approach
- V2.1 Expectations and requirements
- V3.1 Scope and definition
- V3.2 Product breakdown
- V3.3 Configuration management
- V4.1 Scheduling and phasing
- V5.1 Project organisation
- V5.2 Information and management systems
- V6.1 Quality
- V6.2 Quality assessment, audit and evaluation
- V7.1 Cost estimation
- V7.2 Cost management
- V7.3 Project financing
- V8.1 Capacity management
- V9.1 Procurement
- V9.2 Agreements
- V10.1 Project preparation
- V10.2 Project definition phase
- V10.3 Estimating methods
- V10.4 Control and reporting
- V10.5 Change management
- V10.6 Close-out
- V11.1 Risk management: concepts, definitions and categories
- V11.2 Risk management framework
- V11.3 Risk management techniques
- V12.1 Stakeholder analysis and stakeholder management
- V13.1 Organisational change
People – Behavourial competence elements
- G1.1 Self-reflection and self-analysis
- G1.2 Personal goal setting and time management
- G1.3 Stress management
- G2.1 Ethics
- G2.2 Reliability
- G3.1 Communication
- G3.2 Conversation skills
- G3.3 Meetings
- G3.4 Workshops
- G3.5 Presentations
- G3.6 Written communication
- G4.1 Openness
- G4.2 Consultation
- G4.3 Motivation
- G5.1 Leadership
- G6.1 Lifecycle of teams
- G6.2 Successful teams
- G7.1 Crisis management
- G7.2 Conflict management
- G8.1 Problem solving
- G8.2 Creativity
- G9.1 Negotiation
- G10.1 Result orientation
Perspective - Contextual competence elements
- C1.1 Mission, vision and strategy
- C1.2 Strategic performance management
- C1.4 Business or organisational justification
- C2.1 Project Management
- C2.2 Programme Management
- C2.3 Portfolio Management
- C2.4 Setting up PPP- and PMO-organisations
- C2.5 Organisation theory
- C2.7 Proces development methods
- C2.8 Personnel management
- C2.9 Financial administration
- C3.1 Sustainability
- C3.2 Legislation
- C3.3 Health, security, safety and environment
- C4.1 Influence and interests
- C5.1 Culture and values
Extra info over het programma
You might notice that these competencies are more or less the same as for IPMA C. However, at a deeper detail level subtopics are part of the IPMA C exams but not part of IPMA D exams. Moreover, IPMA C exam candidates must demonstrate more often that they not only understand the subject matter, but can also apply it to a given scenario. IPMA D candidates must prove that they understand the subject matter, but are less often required to prove that they are able to put it to practice.
IPMA Level D certification
Certification IPMA D
After attending this training course and some additional self-study you will be prepared for the official IPMA D exam. The duration of the IPMA D exam is three hours and consists of open questions and multiple choice questions. The exam can be booked directly at the IPMA exam institute or via Forsa Advies.
You will need to fill in a self assessment form and a resume form. These forms are meant as an exercise in self-reflection and are not assessed as part of the examination procedure. The IPMA D certificate comes with the title ‘Certified Project Management Associate’.
Proof of attendance
You will receive proof of attendance if you have actively attended 75% or more of the course hours.
Renewal IPMA D certification
The IPMA-certification requires that you keep your knowledge up-to-date. The IPMA D certificate is valid for five years. After these five years you can renew your certification by taking the IPMA D exam. See for more information IPMA Certificeren.
Pricing for open/public courses:
|Steps IPMA level D training & certification||Price|
|4-day IPMA D course by Forsa Advies*)||€ 1.599|
|IPMA D exam at the IPMA exam institute**)||€ 600|
*) The course price includes course all course materials, a pleasant training facility and catering. The catering arrangements consist of lunch, coffee, tea, water and soda.
**) You can also book the exam directly with IPMA exam institute. When you would like us to handle this, we charge a booking fee of € 30 per person per exam.
All prices exclude VAT.
All our training courses, including the official exams can be provided in-company. Locations, dates and class hours can be adapted to your company needs. For IPMA exams we recommend joining the public exams in Nieuwegein as in-company exams come at an additional charge.
When you want to train four attendees or more of your staff, in-company may be financially attractive. Additionally, we can develop tailored solutions for your specific learning needs; cases studies based on your industry or specific business or additional modules in the fields of communication or design techniques; we can make this possible for you. We will gladly write you a proposal.
Request exploratory meeting
10 nov. tot 15 dec. Toon rooster
10-11-2021 09:00 - 17:00 uur classroom training
24-11-2021 09:00 - 17:00 uur classroom training
08-12-2021 09:00 - 17:00 uur classroom training
15-12-2021 09:00 - 17:00 uur classroom training
Forsa Advies - Rijswijk
Laan van Zuid Hoorn 31 RIJSWIJK